Home Buying Basics
Whether you’re buying your first home or your fifth, it’s important to make the decisions that are right for you, understand each step of the home-buying process, and keep an eye on the details. Countybank Mortgage’s team of experts can help make the whole process efficient, pleasant, rewarding, and as stress-free as possible.
It’s important to know who is responsible for each step of the home-purchasing process. Let’s start by developing an understanding of your role as the buyer, as well as the roles of the Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Consultant.
- Pick a team of experts who will help you every step of the way.
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed of any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Keep the process running smoothly by providing documentation and decisions in a timely manner.
- Find the right balance between enjoying the home-buying process and remaining objective and observant. It’s important that you make the business decisions that are right for you.
- Get pre-qualified as early as possible. This will put the power of financing behind you so you can focus on selecting your home.
- Stay in communication with your team — this is very important as the process begins moving.
The Real Estate Agent
- Previews all available homes and weeds out any that do not meet your wants/needs.
- Presents homes that meet your specific criteria.
- Helps differentiate homes that are “good buys” from those that may have to be discounted in the future (due to neighborhood, market appeal, etc.).
- Negotiates the best deal for you by presenting a Pre-Qualification Letter from Countybank Mortgage. This can help strongly influence the seller by demonstrating that you are a qualified and capable borrower.
- Navigates your contract to close out negotiations.
The Mortgage Consultant
- Assists in selecting a loan that fits perfectly into your life. This crucial decision can save you thousands of dollars over the years.
- Keeps you informed of your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keeps your Real Estate Agent informed of your loan progress (NOTE: All personal information is kept confidential. Only relevant milestones are shared.)
- Acquires your selected loan at the best rate available.